4 Cleaning Methods Of Air And Liquid Chromatography Sample Vials
Problems caused by incomplete cleaning
There will be many problems if incomplete cleaning occurs: loss of analyte; chromatographic peaks caused by the action of solvent and septum; mechanical damage to the autosampler; sample degradation; poor repeatability of injections, etc. In short, there will be a deviation of the experimental results because the cleanliness of the chromatographic sample vial does not meet the requirements.
According to the glass instrument washing method, choose the cleaning method based on the degree of pollution. HAWACH introduced four methods to clean the chromatographic sample vials.
Method 1: alcohol cleaning
1. Pour out the test solution in the chromatography sample vial.
2. Immerse all of them in 95% alcohol, dry after ultrasonic washing twice.
3. Pour clean water and wash twice with ultrasound.
4. Pour the washing liquid in the dry bottle and bake at 110 degrees Celsius for 1 to 2 hours. Be careful not to bake at high temperatures.
5. Cool and save.
Method 2: Formaldehyde + ultrasonic cleaning
1. Soak in methanol (chromatographically pure) and ultrasonically clean for 20 minutes, then pour the methanol to dryness.
2. Fill the chromatographic sample vial with water, ultrasonically clean for 20 minutes, and then drain the water.
3. Dry the chromatography sample vial.
Method 3: pure water + ultrasonic + ethanol cleaning
1. Rinse with tap water several times.
2. Place in a beaker poured with pure water and sonicate for 15 minutes.
3. Change the water and sonicate for another 15 minutes.
4. Soak in a beaker filled with absolute ethanol.
5. Then take out and air dry.
Method 4: hydrogen peroxide + alcohol cleaning
1. Generally, it is rinsed with clean water and then dried, and then soaked with strong hydrogen oxide lotion.
2. First, use medical alcohol to soak for more than 4 hours, then ultrasonic for half an hour, then pour out the medical alcohol, use water for half an hour, rinse with water and dry.
HAWACH sample vial is made of glass raw materials in the category-borosilicate glass with expansion coefficient 51. This type of glass does not affect the analyte in your sample matrix, which means that the sample vial is an indispensable solution for your analysis of valuable samples. HAWACH provides different kinds of vials and septa products, designed for a variety of instruments and applications to meet various laboratories’ requirements.