Comprehensive Introduction of Hawach Sample Vial
Before we use laboratory sample vial, we must first understand the classification and characteristics of each part of the sample vial and combine them according to our own needs to choose the sample vial suitable for our research project.
1. Bottle body
The bottle body is divided into writing scale / without writing scale.
Marking the sample can prevent unnecessary accidents in your experiment or forget the composition of the contents of the bottle due to long storage.
2. Bottle mouth specifications
a. Crimp top sample vials: strong sealing, but manual capping and capping devices are required.
b. Screw thread top sample vials: easy to use, screw-top design can save manpower and time, and it is also the most popular way of closure.
c. Snap top sample vials: It can be capped without tools, which is more convenient than the threaded mouth, but the tightness is not as good as the threaded mouth.
a. Non-notch gasket: the most commonly used type of gasket, but it is more laborious to insert the needle during use, and sometimes it is easy to produce debris or the gasket falls into the sample, which affects the sample injection.
b. Pre-cut gasket: It is relatively simple to insert the injection needle into the gasket, and it is not easy to produce debris, but it is easy to cause the sample to volatilize when used for a long time.
c. One-piece gasket: The gasket and the cover are connected in one piece, which can greatly reduce the falling of the gasket during use.
4. Gasket material
a.PTFE (Polytetrafluoroethylene, Teflon)
• Recommended for single injection;
• Most suitable for mass spectrometry analysis;
• Excellent solvent resistance and chemical compatibility;
• Will does not reseal after a puncture;
• Not recommended for long-term sample storage.
• Recommended for multiple injections and sample storage;
• Has excellent resealing characteristics;
• It has the chemical resistance of PTFE before puncture and the chemical compatibility of silica gel after a puncture;
• The applicable temperature range is -40 ℃ to 200 ℃.
• It has the same physical and chemical properties as PTFE/silicone;
• The inner and outer double-layer PTFE membrane makes the gasket more firm and less likely to cause the gasket to fall off.
Pay attention to the gasket during installation and use. Due to the tolerance and texture difference between the PTFE layer and the silicon layer, the silicon surface of the gasket faces the injection needle and the PTFE surface faces the sample solution during installation.
Hawach provides OEM customization to meet your different needs.