Material And Cleaning Procedures For Sample Vial
Hawach sample vials are manufactured with high-quality borosilicate glass after precise design, the use of professional technology, and strict technical specifications. Low free ion content, low expansion coefficient, and very high chemical resistance. The unique thread design can ensure the consistency of the seal, and strict quality guarantees the dimensional consistency between batches.
1. Borosilicate glasses: Chemical inert glass is widely used in laboratory, especially chromatographic analysis. It is mainly composed of silicon and oxygen and some boron and sodium, which has low dissolution and linear expansion coefficient.
2. Salinized or deactivated glass: It has strong hydrophobicity and inertia on its glass surface, thus it can be applied to long-term sample storage and trace analysis.
3. Threaded sample vial: Reusable sealing method that is less harmful than the clamp cover, and does not require additional tools. The thread cover sample vials distinguished by different thread specifications, which are defined by the Glass Packaging Association (GPI). For example, the 9-425 sample vial thread diameter is about 9 mm, the thread type is 425.
4. Threaded port sample vial pad: An automatic injection design hole cover, a solid cover for sample storage design, and an integrated PP cover are also available. This puncturable thread cover is designed for a single injection without the need for cover assembly, which can save experimental preparation time.
5. Clamp sample vial: Sealing with aluminum cover is relatively cheap. When the correct clamp is tight, it can be used for long time storage to provide sealing. The clamp cover cannot be reused and needs a larger force clamp.
Cleaning Procedures and Tips of Sample Vial
In practice, sample vial cleaning usually wastes a lot of time, reduces working efficiency, and sometimes results in deviation of experimental results due to the lack of cleanliness of chromatographic sample vials after cleaning.
The cleaning of the chromatographic sample vials is very important. If the cleaning is not clean, it may affect the next measurement, so we must master the cleaning method of chromatographic sample vials and select the cleaning method according to the degree of pollution according to the washing method of glass instruments. There are some cleaning tips for sample vials:
Tip one: Rinse it with tap water several times; then put it in a beaker filled with pure water for 15 minutes; change water and ultrasound for 15 minutes; put it in a beaker filled with anhydrous ethanol, and finally take out the natural air drying.
Tip two: first soak with methanol (chromatographic purity), and ultrasonic cleaning for 20 minutes, then dry methanol; fill the chromatographic sample vial with water, ultrasonic cleaning for 20 minutes, then dry the water; finally, dry the chromatographic sample vial.
Tip three: washing method of the chromatographic sample vial is the same as that of liquid, first use medical alcohol to soak for more than 4 hours, then ultrasonic for half an hour, then pour out medical alcohol, use water ultrasonic for half an hour, rinse with water and dry.