Ways Of Cleaning Sample Vials
As the rapid development of analytical chemistry, more and more large analytical instruments are applied in all areas of detection, especially in gas chromatography, liquid chromatography and mass spectrum. These instruments need large amounts of sample vials to be matched with. If the sample vials are only for single use, that would be great waste and huge cost. Generally, laboratory workers often clean the sample vials for reusing.
However, during the cleaning, as the bottle mouths are very small, the air inside the sample vials cannot be eliminated smoothly and the cleaning solvent cannot flow into the sample vials, which lead to poor effect in the end.
In China, there are a great number of agricultural products that need to be tested every year, using Liquid Chromatogram or Gas Chromatogram. Cleaning sample vials are of great importance, which is related to the test results. Clean the sample vials according to the glassware cleaning instructions and degree of contamination, and you can choose different cleaning methods.
As a result, laboratory workers have developed some batch cleaning methods which are with the advantages of handiness, low cost and high efficiency.
For example, we can put the sample vials into the reagent bottle firstly, then add the organic solvent to the mouth of the reagent bottle, cover with hole less plug and screw the outer cover. Secondly, we can use the vortex mixer to eliminate the air inside the sample vials, then fill in the reagent bottle with organic solvent over time. Thirdly, we put the reagent bottle into the supersonic cleaner with the cleaning temperature between 30 ℃ to 50 ℃ to clean for 1 minute to 15 minutes. Lastly, we eliminate the organic solvent from the reagent bottle.
We conclude all the 3 methods as follow.
1. Pour the test solution out of the sample vials thoroughly, immerse them into 95% alcohol.
2. Ultrasonic washing twice and then pouring out.
3. Pouring in water, then ultrasonic washing twice again.
4. Pour out, then dry it under 110 ℃ for 1 to 2 hours. Do not dry under very high temperatures.
5. Cooldown and store in a safe place.
1. Flush with water for several times.
2. Put in a beaker full of pure water, and ultrasonic wash for about 15 minutes.
3. Change the water in the beaker and ultrasonic wash for about 15 minutes again.
4. Immerse the sample vials into the beaker with absolute ethyl alcohol.
5. The vials out and dry them in the natural wind.
1. Immerse the vials into methyl alcohol and ultrasonic wash for 20 minutes. Then pour the methyl alcohol out completely.
2. Pour in the water fully and ultrasonic wash 20 minutes again. Then pour the water out.
3. Dry the vials.